CAAM exists to establish and grow Ayurveda as an independent profession, safeguarding the practice of Ayurveda. We strive to build awareness of Ayurveda in our communities as a comprehensive healing system for optimal health and wellbeing, honoring the interconnectedness of body-mind-spirit.
CAAM’s mission is to promote, protect, preserve & integrate the principles of Ayurveda through education, professional practice and research, serving to empower communities with a consciousness based approach for sustainable health & wellbeing.
- Develop public awareness of Ayurveda
- Develop a sustainable unified Ayurveda community
- Be a resource for Ayurveda
- Provide a unified voice for advancement of the Ayurveda profession
- Develop the scope of practice for each level of the Ayurveda profession
- Create the standardization of Ayurveda Education in California
- Establish a code of ethical standards for the practice of Ayurveda in California
- Be a resource to get malpractice insurance for CAAM Professional Members
- Advocate for the creation of a California state approved license for the practice of Ayurveda
- Establish a system for CEU programs for CAAM Professional Members
- Support research related to Ayurveda
- Establish regular communication with Professionals through newsletters, journals, events and digital media